Dark Pixels is a 2-D side-scrolling action RPG being developed in Unity. After only about 3 months in development, it is already shaping up to be something really special. Dark Pixels is inspired by—and named after—Dark Souls, so expect some unforgiving hack’n’slash adventuring.
The completed Dark Pixels will of course feature more enemies than are shown in this video, but I quite like the skeletons, and I am perfectly fine with the fact that they bleed. Actually, after this video was made, the developer implemented a new death animation for the skeletons. They no longer bleed; now they turn red and explode into bloody chunks. I’m fine with that, too.
Update already: Turns out that Dark Pixels is on tumblr, too!
- #gdpipeline daily challenge 11-29-16 “milk carton” November 30, 2016
- #gdpipeline daily challenge 11-23-16 “birdhouse” November 23, 2016
- #gdpipeline daily challenge 11-22-16 “gun” November 22, 2016
- #gdpipeline daily challenge 11-21-16 “elemental creature” November 21, 2016
- #gdpipeline daily challenge 11-18-16 “cake” November 19, 2016
Tags3d art artists on tumblr artwork atebit bedlam code coding creative coding development drawing enki figure drawing food gamedev game developers game development games gaming gdpipeline glitch indiedev indie dev indie game devs indie games ld48 luxology modo mood board music mutiny p5 painting politics processing procreate programming sketch sketchbook pro software development tinychallenges tug unity3d urbanfort zbrush